Tuesday, August 10, 2010

food creations



Ahh chill out and blog updating time! Today has been pretty productive - which is awesome. I find it so easy to fall into a trap of wasting my days off sometimes.

Mid-morning after spending a while finishing off an assignment, I decided to have a iced chai tea - with my stevia samples which arrived in the post.


I'm a bit wary of artificial sweetners - but this product claims to be natural, so I requested a free sample so I could see for myself. I mixed up a sachet, with some chai tea mix, ice and soy milk. Was pretty yummy - but not too sweet, like some sweetners can be. I'm undecided!




Lunch was a fresh, healthy salad of mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, red capsicum topped with salmon, mushroom and eggplant in a balsamic vinegar glaze. (Can you tell I'm an eggplant addict yet? Can't get enough :) )


After this, I had to walk up to the tram stop and catch a tram into uni so I could submit an assignment. Usually I enjoy the walk up - but it was pouring down rain and I couldn't locate an umbrella anywhere in my house.

Cue - awkward running in rain on major roads. Luckily I had my hood up to hide my face!

Got to uni looking like a drowned rat and then luckily located a free computer and got the
assignment in with heaps of time to spare! It feels so good to hand assignments in and say goodbye to more and more as the semester goes on.

Depressingly the count at the moment looks something like 1 down, 6 to go.

After more awkward and slippery running in the rain home, I was starving.

Grabbed a wholemeal pita with some nut butter and some sesame seed snaps. I know the snaps are complete sugar, but I needed a little sweetness!




Dinner was creation time - I'd picked up this sauce at the shops and was thinking it was time for a veggie packed pasta dish!


Yum.











No comments: